Download the latest from GitHub!!
- Set or get field values in Document Libraries, all sorts of List forms (custom lists, issues, etc), and survey
- Make a field read only
- Hide a field from view
- No server side code to deploy!
This can be used for:
- Preventing a user from selecting a value when an item is initially created (ex: Status must be PENDING when the item is created)
- Hiding fields from a submitter but allowing the field to be edited (or vice versa).
- Auto-populating the form using a URL with query parameters
- Auto-populate a list column with a sequential number
- Hide/Show field on list form based on value from another field
Keep in mind that SPUtility.js and documentation are still a work in progress... and that it won't work in every situation.
It currently will NOT work with:
- External list forms
- Forms that have been customized using Infopath
- Certain (weird) fields, see the
matrix of supported fields
If you do find something that you would like supported or isn't quite working, please don't hesitate to post a
for the matrix of supported fields and API documentation. Browse the
to see the list of updates.
Set a Text field's value
Set a Text field's value and make it read only
Make a Choice field read only
Set a People field and/or Make it Read Only
SPUtility.GetSPField('Assigned To').SetValue('Menke, Kit');
Hide a field from view
See the Documentation
for more information.