Final release of SPUtility.js (v0.14.2)
As of June 2016, version 0.14.2 is the final release of SPUtility.js and I will no longer be actively maintaining this project. Thank you to everyone who helped make this project a success!
As always, the code is available on
GitHub so please feel free to fork / modify it yourself.
Download the latest from GitHub!!
- Set or get field values in Document Libraries, all sorts of List forms (custom lists, issues, etc), and survey
- Make a field read only
- Hide a field from view
- No server side code to deploy!
This can be used for:
- Preventing a user from selecting a value when an item is initially created (ex: Status must be PENDING when the item is created)
- Hiding fields from a submitter but allowing the field to be edited (or vice versa).
- Auto-populating the form using a URL with query parameters
- Auto-populate a list column with a sequential number
- Hide/Show field on list form based on value from another field
Keep in mind that SPUtility.js and documentation are still a work in progress... and that it won't work in every situation. It currently will NOT work with:
- External list forms
- Forms that have been customized using Infopath
- Certain (weird) fields, see the
matrix of supported fields
- Sites with Minimal Download Strategy enabled
See the Documentation for the matrix of supported fields and API documentation. Browse the
Changelog to see the list of updates.
If you do find something that you would like supported or isn't quite working, please don't hesitate to post a
Finally, if you use SPUtility.js and like it, tweet at me!
Set a Text field's value
Set a Text field's value and make it read only
Make a Choice field read only
Hide a field from view
See the Documentation for more information.