This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SPFieldTaxonomy / Managed Metadata support

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:56 PM
Has anyone looked into adding support for Managed Metadata fields? I need to hide a field if a Managed Metadata column matches a certain value.

In the console it says "GetValue not yet implemented for SPFieldTaxonomyFieldType in...".

I am not strong at JS but am willing to try contributing. If anyone can point out any roadblocks/reasons why this hasn't been implemented yet, that would help.

It looks like the Taxonomy field inherits from SPFieldLookup which I understand is supported. I think the difference may be that the Taxonomy field returns the text value plus a GUID separated by a pipe. Do you think maybe the SPFieldLookup method can be used if we add something to strip off the pipe and GUID?
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Josh,
I haven't looked into adding support for the Managed Metadata fields. Just based on what you are saying, if the values are separated by a pipe then it might be similar to the SPAutocompleteLookupField which also is already implemented.

I briefly looked into if I could test this out in SharePoint Online but I don't have much experience with it yet so I'll have to do some more research.
Thanks,
Kit