Version 0.14.2 (April 19, 2016)
- Corrected version number string in file header
Version 0.14.1 (April 18, 2016)
- BUG: Fix empty Number fields displaying as NaN when in read only mode
- BUG: Fix date and time fields which have no date displaying the time only in read only mode
Version 0.14.0 (March 30, 2016)
- FEATURE: Add ability to configure SPUtility.js with SPUtility.Setup(...)
- FEATURE: Allow customizing Yes/No field (SPBooleanField) string values. (Thank you szykov!)
- FEATURE: Improvement to SPUserField2013 to display links to users instead of just text. (Thank you szykov!)
- FEATURE: Allow getting the hashtable of all fields by internal name using SPUtility.GetSPFieldsInternal() (Thank you ViktorHofer!)
- DEPRECATED: The following functions will be removed in a future release: GetThousandsSeparator, SetThousandsSeparator, GetDecimalSeparator, SetDecimalSeparator, GetDateSeparator, SetDateSeparator, GetTimeFormat, and SetTimeFormat. Use SPUtility.Setup(...)
- BUG: SPUserField2013 read only label should now be updated correctly if the value is changed.
- Huge refactoring of internal field creation. This helps especially for getting fields by their internal column name. (Thank you ViktorHofer!)
Version 0.13.0 (March 22, 2016)
- FEATURE (or bug?): Support for different thousands and decimal separators using SetDecimalSeparator and SetThousandsSeparator (thank you ViktorHofer!)
- FEATURE: Full support for GetValue and SetValue on DispForm for fields which display as text (Text, Number, Date, most Choice fields, Yes/No) via a new class: SPDispFormTextFields. Note:
- BUG: Fix detection of DispForm especially for document libraries.
- BUG: Fix read-only label not updating for SP 2013 people fields (thank you ViktorHofer!)
- Added soooo many unit tests....
Version 0.12.0 (February 28, 2016)
- BREAKING CHANGE: LabelRow and ControlsRow properties no longer return the jquery object but instead return the TR element itself.
- BUG: Fix Survey support in SharePoint 2013
- BUG: Fix MakeReadOnly method on people fields in SharePoint 2013
- FEATURE: Support for GetValue on DispForm via a new special type
- FEATURE: Add InternalName property to all fields (thank you RawkBob!)
Version 0.11.2 (March 10, 2015)
- BUG / FEATURE: Date separator for date/time fields was hard coded to a '/'. Added a new function, SPUtility.SetDateSeparator, which allows the user to change it.
- BUG: SetDescription not working in SharePoint 2007
Version 0.11.1 (February 26, 2015)
- BUG: Issue with getting current SharePoint version breaks the library
Version 0.11.0 (February 23, 2015)
- FEATURE: Add GetDescription and SetDescription to SPField. Allows you to manipulate descriptions for any field type!
- FEATURE: Add SPFieldBusinessData
- BUG: More fixes for SharePoint 2007/2010 SPUserField
Big thanks to Onizet for the contributions!
Version 0.10.0 (February 12, 2015)
- FEATURE: Support for 24 hour time format with date and time fields!
- FEATURE: Support for people fields in SharePoint 2013!
- BUG: Fix spacing and padding with 12 hour time formats.
- BUG: Fix selectors in SPUserField (thanks onizet!)
- More examples added!
Version 0.9.4 (November 9, 2014)
- BUG: Yes/No fields should display "Yes" or "No" instead of true or false after calling MakeReadOnly.
- BUG: Yes/No fields - SetValue not working correctly.
Version 0.9.3 (September 29, 2014)
* BUG: Checkbox fields should allow unchecking a field by passing a second boolean parameter set to false.
Version 0.9.2 (July 1, 2014)
* BUG: Should allow getting field names that are one character.
Version 0.9.1 (May 8, 2014)
- FEATURE: Get fields using their internal column name: GetSPFieldByInternalName. See
Common SPField functions
- FEATURE: DateTime fields now have two special methods: SetDate and SetTime. This allows you to set (or reset) the date or time individually. Also, both methods now support integer and string values! Also, calling GetValue will consistently return a SPDateTimeFieldValue
object with integer properties for year, month, day, hour, and minute. See
- FEATURE/BUG: GetSPField now supports being able to retrieve the Content Type field see
Content Type fields
Version 0.9.0 (April 2, 2014)
- BUG: Should be able to make mult-select lookup fields read-only (fixes #6).
- Refactored read-only methods to be class-level methods.
- CHANGE: Deprecate Debug mode (throw exceptions instead).
- BUG: Added HideSPField, ShowSPField, and GetSPFields public methods back.
- Refactored how global SPUtility variable is set(again).
- BUG: When a field is read-only, setting the value should update the label
- Added examples
Version 0.8.4 (now with 100% more jQuery!!!) (March 4, 2014)
Prototype.js version discontinued and superseded by the jQuery version.
- Complete re-implementation of SPUtility using jQuery instead of prototype.js.
- QUnit tests implemented for all of the fields
- Ability to clear a date field after it has been set by passing null
- Support for SharePoint 2013
Version 0.8.2 (bug-fix update) (March 9, 2013):
- BUG: Fixed not being able to Hide fields on DispForm.aspx
- BUG: Fixed Large Lookup fields not saving value correctly (thank you lambi_uk!)
- BUG: Fixed not being able to call SetValue for Large Lookup fields when the value contained a space (thank you MarkETolley!)
Version 0.8.1 (bug fix update) (April 23, 2012)
- BUG: Fixed problem with making empty date fields read only
- BUG: Fixed problem where setting the value of a read only field now didn't update the label
- FEATURE: Can now pass a string to a SPDateTimeField to set the date textbox
Version 0.8 (April 26, 2011)
- FEATURE: Support for rich text fields
- FEATURE: Support for choice fields with fill-in values
- BUG: Support for unchecking multi-select checkboxes
Version 0.7 (February 6, 2011)
- FEATURE: New SPLookupMultiField class to support multi-select lookup fields. Also various improvements to allow setting the values using list item ID or the text value for all Lookup fields.
- BUG: Fixed chaining after SetValue for single select lookup fields
- CHANGE: Refactored _makeReadOnly to be a private function
Version 0.6 (January 31, 2011)
- FEATURE: SPUtility now can detect and load supported fields on Survey forms.
- FEATURE: New HideSPField and ShowSPField functions. These functions function the same as SPField.Hide/Show except the entire field won't be initialized. This can be useful on very large forms that only need to show/hide fields (ex: tabs).
- FEATURE: Debug function for troubleshooting: call SPUtility.Debug(true) before your SPUtility code to show alerts (firebug console messages if possible).
- UPDATE: getSPFieldType optimized.
- UPDATE: Fields are now initialized when GetSPField is called (not before).
- BUG: The function 'createSPField' no longer throws an error: problem where if a field had a problem, any fields after would not be detected.
- UPDATE: Updates to SPChoiceField to detect when the field allows for Fill-in values (partial support, currently can set the normal options but not Fill-in values yet)
Version 0.5 (January 8, 2011)
- Bug: SPNumberField GetValue() function now disregards commas
- Breaking change: GetSPFields will now return a hashtable instead of the array (see next item)
- GetSPField now loads fields into a hashtable instead of an array (dramatically increases speed for forms with a large number of fields)
- GetSPFieldType now attempts to prevent throwing an error when unable to get the field's type (allows for easier Firebugging).
- New MakeEditable function, will undo MakeReadOnly
- Support for currency fields. MakeReadOnly will display the value with dollar sign, and commas. Uses formatMoney function made by Jonas Raoni Soares Silva.
- Support for single select lookup fields
- Reformatted code to meet higher JSLint standards
Version 0.4 (November 13, 2010)
- Bug: Unable to update the read only label. Fix allows developer to call MakeReadOnly again to update the label.
- Bug: Getting the value of a number field would sometimes return a string. GetValue now will always return a number.
- GetSPField now will throw a helpful error if the field is not found.
- Support for plain text "Multiple lines of text" fields (SPFieldNote). Support for the rich text versions is still a work in progress.
- Support for Yes/No fields. New SPBooleanField class for allows for getting and setting yes/no fields.
Version 0.3 (September 26, 2010)
- Major performance enhancements when initially loading and getting fields
- New GetSPFields function to return all fields on the page
- Updates to the MakeReadOnly function. Now, it uses a div in order to space out the value and the field's description.
- Internal code updates:
- Rename "Field" property to "Label"
- Consolidated each class args into a single parameter object
- Support for People fields
Version 0.2 (August 31, 2010)
- Breaking change: GetValue for Multi-select choice fields now returns an array of strings rather than a semicolon delimited list (["Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie"] vs "Alpha; Bravo; Charlie")
- Added the ability to Show/Hide any field (any type of field)
- Added GetValue, SetValue, MakeReadOnly support for the following field types:
- Hyperlink (SPFieldURL)
- Filename fields (default is the Name field in document libraries, aka SPFieldFile)
Documentation with usage information for these fields
Version 0.1 (August 19, 2010)
- GetValue, SetValue, MakeReadOnly, Hide and Show support for the following field types:
- Single line of text
- Date and Time (both "Date Only" and "Date & Time")
- Choice (single and multi-select choice fields)