This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Large single select lookup

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Greetings,

i've been trying to implement this large single select lookup, and correct me if i'm wrong, it should change dropdown menu to textbox with autocomplete dropdown?
I've added SPUtility properly to NewForm, im sure it's added ok, used it for functions earlier, and dropdown is still clasic dropdown without textbox, can you point me where i'm making a mistake?
Dropdown has roughly 1300 lines.
Heres code:
<script src="./Files/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="./Files/sputility.js"></script>
<script> // wait for the window to load $(document).ready(function () { // Select Lookup Field var largeLookup = SPUtility.GetSPField('Konkurencija'); // Transform to textbox largeLookup.Textbox; }); </script>
Mar 22, 2016 at 10:12 PM
A small clarification that the behavior described here is out of the box SharePoint and it depends on which browser you're using. For example, in Chrome and Firefox you'll always see a dropdown. If you try the same form in IE then you'll see the autocomplete.

SPUtility.js has code to determine which control is currently displayed (no matter which browser) and allow you to set/get the value. It doesn't have the ability to transform the dropdown into an autocomplete... which I think is what you were looking for?
Mar 23, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Hello,

oh yes, i'm using IE always for SP.

Yes i have lookup column to another list which has about 1300 records, if i understood correctly that code should be sufficient to show that field in new form as autocomplete and not dropdown?

Regards.
Mar 25, 2016 at 11:45 PM
SPUtility.js doesn't convert Lookup fields into autocomplete fields.